- Qualified NZ Line Mechanic
- Nationally competitive remuneration
- Join a 100% locally owned company
Horizon Networks, a division of the Horizon Energy Group, serves the Eastern Bay of Plenty community with reliable electricity. At Horizon Networks we believe our success is driven by our employees and in return offer a wide range of career opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a Line Mechanic to join our Whakatane based contracting business.
Reporting to one of our Lines Team - Team Leaders, you will actively work on and maintain the day to day running of the electricity distribution Network and be responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of overhead and underground assets.
To be successful a candidate must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold a current New Zealand EWRB Practising Licence
- Hold a New Zealand Line Mechanic Qualification or equivalent
- Hold a current unrestricted Manual Driver Licence
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in relevant activities
- Experience with distribution systems and associated procedures up to and including 33kV
- Knowledge of all relevant industry rules and regulations including the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Able to read and understand plans and maps
- Able to undertake standby duties as required
The candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate most of the following:
- Hold a NZ heavy traffic licence
- Knowledge of tree compliance regulations and vegetation management procedures is considered a plus
- Knowledge of street light works an advantage
- General knowledge of traffic management requirements considered a plus
- Skills in fostering good communication, teamwork and positive work culture
- Able to assist and support the Team Leader in identifying, reporting and managing workplace hazards and risks
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride on its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders and bases all its activities on safety leadership, risk management and worker participation as premise.
To support this, you will be highly motivated with excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
This is an excellent opportunity for you and your family to experience the unique lifestyle that the sunny Bay of Plenty has to offer including access to great beaches, a safe harbour and outdoor lifestyle.
We offer a supportive and collaborative working environment, competive remuneration and additional employee benefits including Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close: 26 Jul 2019