Caregiver - Karori Wellington
The Selwyn Foundation
- Be a part of a supportive and friendly team in a close-knit retirement village environment
- Part-time night shift available
- Conveniently located in Karori, 10 minutes drive from Wellington CBD
About The Selwyn Foundation:
The Selwyn Foundation is one of New Zealand's largest charitable providers of services to people aged over 65. Our charitable mission is to deliver quality services that are responsive to the ageing person and their family, ensuring that our charitable outreach supports those who are vulnerable or in need.
Set in just over three quarters of a hectare of mature gardens in the residential heart of Karori, Sprott House comprises of 13 independent living villas, a 73-room care facility (rest home and hospital) and a purpose-built, dedicated secure dementia care unit for 24 people.
We currently have a part-time position available for 15 hours a week: Friday and Saturday 2300-0700.
These role represents a great opportunity offering you the ability to:
- Work in a growing, stable not-for-profit organisation with a rich history of excellence
- Make a real, tangible difference to the lives of our Elders who you will get to know well
- Join a friendly supportive environment
- Receive competitive pay rates which will commensurate with your level of education
- Have access to an extensive education programme
- Be eligible for opportunities for further development
To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of Elders, love to help others, and have leadership abilities.
Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to work in New Zealand (permanent roles require permanent work rights)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Relevant aged care experience
Applications close: 26 Aug 2019