Community Social Worker
Stand Childrens Services Tu Maia Whanau
Stand Children's Services works with children and their families who have experienced trauma.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a variety of therapeutic ways with families, individual children and in groups. The work takes place in homes, community and in a residential/day setting. We provide training, supervision and the opportunity to be part of a wider team.
Applications are invited from Social Workers with qualifications in Social Work or a related field.
Ideal competencies we are seeking include:
- Experience of social work with children and families/whanau, including assessment, planning and intervention
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and knowledge of Tikanga Maori
- SWRB/Professional Registration or working towards this
- Ability to contribute to a team
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have the ability to connect with, and work respectfully with children (5-12 years old) and their whanau
- Show initiative and be self-motivated
- Have the ability to learn and practice therapeutic approaches
- Be available to travel if required, with occasional out of town overnight
- Have a full driver's licence
Enjoy a friendly and supportive work environment that is committed to achieving the best for children.
Applications close: 30 Nov 2020