Pathways Navigator - Fixed Term Parental Leave
Be part of a passionate, diverse team
- Provide effective, client centered service delivery
- Mt Wellington based with flexible work arrangements
Are you passionate about our community? Do you want to utilise your skills and knowledge of the disability sector in a rewarding role within a collaborative and supportive team?
As a Pathways Navigator, you will provide outstanding service to all stakeholders involved, to ensure those who need our support receive access to the relevant services. Your person-centered approach will ensure eligibility is assessed efficiently and effectively, to allow our new clients to have seamless access to a wide range of services and providers.
We are Taikura Trust. Since 2002, we've been giving people with disabilities access to an array of services designed to make life easier. Best of all, we're growing. This means we can provide a bigger range of services, all geared toward the end result: the best possible life.
About the role...
- Provide information, educate and advise potential clients about eligibility, supports and services they may receive
- Action queries promptly and efficiently ensuring effective resolutions or escalations as required.
- Proactively seek information to establish eligibility and assess urgency and risk
- Accurately record relevant information and make initial assessment bookings
- Support people who are not eligible for our service to assess other services that may support them.
- This role is fixed term, covering parental leave
- Passionate about what you do and committed to Taikura values
- A great team player who can also work autonomously when needed to.
- Exceptional communication, and customer service skills, with the ability to relate to a diverse range of people
- An interest in, or knowledge of Ministry of Health disability policy, guidelines and their application in the disability sector
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and the ability to maintain efficiency and a positive attitude when juggling a busy day.
- Sound working knowledge of the health and disability, or education sectors
What you will receive...
- A friendly, diverse and supportive team
- Robust systems and IT to support you in your role
- The opportunity for ongoing learning and development, EAP and staff benefits
At Taikura Trust, we don't just accept difference — we welcome it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Taikura Trust is proud to be a diverse, equal opportunity workplace. We believe our workforce should represent the communities that we serve so we welcome applications from people with lived experience of disability and diverse backgrounds.
Please apply online via the careers section of our website www.taikura.org.nz or contact Stephanie Patterson, Recruitment Partner phone 027 299 5622 if you have any queries.
Applications close: 09 May 2021