Manager, Support and Resources
- Lead a passionate team and drive excellence in service delivery
- Contract Management and Negotiation
- Forward thinking, community focused organisation
- Mt Wellington based, with flexible working
This broad and varied role will give you the opportunity to lead a large dedicated team of as they strive to deliver service excellence. Through astute management of systems and workflow, you will ensure the team have the resources, support, guidance and knowledge to deliver quality outcomes. You will utilise your commercial acumen as you take responsibility for systems in relation to funding, budgets and the allocation of resources to ensure a service that is seamless and fit for purpose.
About the role:
- Oversight of assessment, planning, service coordination, allocation and review functions through an activity based model, along with activities from other service lines
- Manage the flow of clients between Facilitated Support and other services
- Implementing funding tools, guidelines and procedures required for new client support plans
- Reviewing performance through the analysis of delivery against client goals and outcomes, timeliness and effective budget management
- Develop implement and continuously monitor systems for work allocation - ensuring flexibility to adapt to ever changing demand.
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to facilitate effective management of budget and resources
- Celebrate and share successful outcomes with the team, to encourage learning and engagement
- Leading a diverse team of dedicated professionals, providing an environment of support, guidance, trust and continuous learning.
- Effective people leader, with the ability to develop a strong, cohesive team through empowerment and education
- Indepth understanding of funding models and their application within the disability sector
- Experience in process design and continuous improvement in a complex environment where the needs of multiple stakeholders are considered
- You may hold or be working towards qualifications in general or health management
- Working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and able to coach others in its practical, day to day application
- Solid experience working in the Health and Disability sector
What you will receive...
- Flexible working environment
- A friendly, diverse and supportive team
- Robust systems and IT to support you in your role
- The opportunity for ongoing learning and development, EAP and staff benefits
At Taikura Trust, we don't just accept difference - we welcome it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Taikura Trust is proud to be a diverse, equal opportunity workplace. We believe our workforce should represent the communities that we serve so we welcome applications from people with lived experience of disability and diverse backgrounds.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a remarkable team that aims to make a difference in the lives of disabled people!
Please apply via our career page, or contact Stephanie Patterson, Recruitment Partner, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any queries.
Applications close: 16 Apr 2021