Lead Quality Control Engineer
DIALOG Fitzroy Limited
- Leadership opportunity
- Great team environment
- Based in New Plymouth, Taranaki
DIALOG Fitzroy is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout Australia, New Zealand and to international customers.
We're looking for an experienced Lead Quality Control Engineer who is up for the challenge of assisting in the day-to-day leading of our small but highly skilled QC team (4-6). The position reports directly to the Technical Manager/Quality Control Manager.
You will be working with a small team of like-minded quality orientated people helping to support fabrication and installation activities at our New Plymouth workshop, as well as the various sites around Taranaki and New Zealand.
You will be responsible for coordinating the execution of quality plans - Inspection and Test plans for a variety of projects ranging from Oil & Gas, Petro-Chemical or structural steel and Leading the team to do the same. You will be required to allocate work on a daily basis, this will include but is not limited to, attending kick-off meetings, ensuring work is completed to a satisfactory standard, approve timesheets, ensure charge-ability and deal with and other issues on a daily basis that concern your team.
The right candidate for this position should have recent relevant experience in leading teams and also the appropriate qualifications which are essential to comply with the PECPR regulations.
You would be expected to have a working knowledge and be competent in the application and use of any or all of the following standards;
- Pressure vessels: ASME VIII, PD5500, AS 1210.
- Pressure piping: ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, AS 2885
- Welding: ASME IX, BS EN ISO 9606-1, AS/NZS 3992,
- Structural steel: AS/NZS 1554.1, AS/NZS 1554.2, AS/NZS 5131, AWS D1.1
You will also be assisting in the preparation of weld maps, material traceability, weld control sheets and carrying out visual inspections of fabricated items in line with the duties expected of a Certified Welding Inspector.
Good written and verbal communication skills is essential. You will be expected to liaise with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Statutory Inspectors, Client Representatives, Workshop staff as well as other members of the QC team
We are looking for someone with broad knowledge and experience in the mechanical engineering industry, and with the following experience and competencies:
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications such as Level 5 or 6 Engineering related qualification
- CBIP - CWI. Welding Supervision
- A CBIP Coatings Inspection a definite advantage.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Computer literacy with standard PC software packages is a must
- Pro-active attitude and an ability to work in a team environment
- Customer focussed to ensure client requirements are delivered
Must have a current legal right to work in New Zealand.
Applications close: 13 Apr 2021