Support Staff - Fixed term Parental leave Awake Night shift Christchurch
Hawksbury Community Living Trust
Are you friendly, caring and empathetic? Ready to be a source of support for people in your community?
Hawksbury Community Living Trust provides quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. With a broad range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi and Mosgiel that offer independent community-focused environments, we proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
We're looking for two Part-Time fixed-term roles, awake Night shift while Parental leave is taken.
Both roles are 56 hours a fortnight as Awake Night shift 11 pm - 7am, between the two roles, you work 3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next week. The home is located in Woolston and supports one high-needs individual. You will need to have previous knowledge of implementing behavior support strategies, nursing experience would be an advantage, as would experience with managing epilepsy.
Ideally, you'll have an NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent along with:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Starting pay rate of $20.50 per hour (this may be higher in line with pay equity recognized qualifications)
- An environment in which all people are proud to live and work
If you have experience in the field of disability and are looking for an amazing team to work with - apply now!
Applications close: 22 Apr 2021