1:1 Support Staff - 79 hours and 72 hours
Hawksbury Community Living Trust
Are you friendly, caring and empathetic? Ready to be a source of support for people in your community?
Whether it be going with them to a movie, grocery shopping or helping with household chores - that level of support can change someone's life!
Hawksbury Community Living Trust provides quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. With a broad range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi and Mosgiel that offer independent community focused environments, we proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
We're looking for two 1:1 Support Staff to join our team in Hornby and Woolston, Christchurch.
The Hornby role is 79 hours per fortnight,worked between 9am and 7pm, with Thursday and Friday as days off.
The Woolston role is 72 hours per fortnight, some shifts start at 7am, while others finish at 11pm, days off are Tuesday and Wednesday. This role requires demonstrated experience in working with challenging behaviour and epilepsy.
Ideally, you'll have a NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent along with:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Starting pay rate of $20.50 per hour (this may be higher in line with pay equity recognized qualifications)
- An environment in which all people are proud to live and work
If you have experience in the field of disability and are looking for an amazing team to work with - apply now!
Applications close: 22 Apr 2021