Part Time - Support Staff Christchurch
Hawksbury Community Living Trust
About Hawksbury Community Living Trust:
Hawksbury Community Living Trust provides quality residential support for people with intellectual disabilities. We have a wide range of residential homes in Christchurch, Kaiapoi, and Mosgiel. We strive for an inclusive community-focused environment and proudly support people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their life choices.
We have multiple part time roles available in Christchurch:
Vacancy 1: is located in Avonhead, 49 hours a fortnight. Most shifts during the week are 7-10am. Friday there is an additional shift 3-9pm. Saturday is 7am -3pm.
Vacancy 2: is located at Kaiapoi, 45 hours a fortnight. Most shifts are 3-9pm Friday - Monday with days off on Tuesday and Wednesday
Vacancy 3 & 4: is located in St Albans, working Saturday and Sunday. One role works 3-8pm, 20 hours per fortnight. The other role is 28 hours per fortnight working 8am - 3pm.
Vacancy 5: is located in Hornby, near Wigram Skys. This 36 hours a fortnight role works a split shift on Friday 7-10am and 3-9pm, 3-9pm on Sundays and has one Thursday a fortnight that works 3-9pm.
In these roles you'll be helping people with their everyday activities like shopping, preparing and cooking meals, finances, household chores, personal support, personal hygiene and getting out and about - i.e. coffee, a drive or visiting friends.
Ideally, you'll have an NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 or equivalent along with:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability
- A full New Zealand drivers' licence
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills
- Ongoing development opportunities. If you haven't already completed NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing Level 2 and 3, we will support you to do this, along with First aid, Safe Manual Handling and Dysphagia training.
- Starting pay rate of $20.50 per hour (this may be higher in line with pay equity recognized qualifications)
- An environment in which all people are proud to live and work
If you have experience in the field of disability support and a positive attitude to supporting people with an intellectual disability, we'd love to hear from you.