Class 4 / Class 5 Driver
HW Richardson Group Limited
- Strong, stable company with long term opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Supportive team environment
We are Metalman - owned by HW Richardson Group, the largest family-owned transport business in NZ, proudly based in Southland and operating throughout New Zealand and Australia. The Group currently operates in Ready Mixed Concrete, Transport, Fuel Distribution, Lubricants, Contracting and Environmental sectors. Metalman is under the Environmental banner - processing and recycling ferrous and non-ferrous metals predominantly to the export market.
We have a vacancy for a Class 5 Driver to join our Takanini team. We also invite applications from those with a Class 4 licence who are keen to attain a Class 5 licence. Full training and support is provided to achieve Class 5 status.
This is a full-time, permanent role working 40 hours per week plus rostered Saturdays. The role requires the ability to work autonomously to carry out the planned deliveries and be a team player - helping out around the yard as needed. We offer a competitive wage - paid weekly.
- You'll need a current, full driver's licence with a minimum Class 4 endorsement, and a clean driving record
- You're punctual and reliable with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn, and committed to operating safely
- You're physically fit and keen to work
- You take pride in your appearance and you enjoy working with the public where your excellent customer services skills provide efficient, professional and friendly service
Experience in the scrap metal industry with knowledge of different types of metals is advantageous but not essential. We offer full training and will help you attain licences as needed.
Metalman is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome your application.
Metalman has a rigorous drug and alcohol policy and the successful applicant will need to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close: 08 May 2021