Precast Production Operator - Palmerston North
- A hands-on busy precast production role
- Based at our Manufacturing site in Palmerston North
- NZ Family Owned Business
Hynds are currently seeking a Precast Production Operator for our busy manufacturing site in Palmerston North. This role will be responsible for the production of high quality precast concrete products.
Role responsibilities includes:
- Participate in the production of quality precast concrete products
- Be responsible for the finishing of concrete products and provide training to others
- Work to schedules and production targets
- Keep a clean and tidy work environment
- Follow all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on vehicles
What you will bring:
- Previous experience working with precast concrete products
- Previous experience with concrete finishing
- Previous experience reading plans/drawings
- Class 1, F OSH endorsement is beneficial but not essential
- Unit standard 3800
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to produce quality product efficiently every time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Accurate time keeping with the ability to work to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical insurance cover
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
Hynds is committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment medical and alcohol & drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.