Aquatic Assistant - Learn to Swim
Whakatane District Council
Would you like to work with an awesome team who are passionate about delivering a top quality aquatic service to our community? Come and join our Aquatics and Recreation team now!
Here at Whakatāne District Council, we are passionate about the Aquatics and Recreation services we offer to our community, we work hard to maintain a high quality service with a focus on continuous improvement.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Aquatic Assistant - Learn to Swim working in our Learn to Swim school. These roles involve running swimming lessons at a range of different age groups of children.
We'll provide the training - you'll bring your enthusiasm, great attitude, awesome team work and motivation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong swimming skills - Swimming is our business so you'll feel comfortable and confident in the water
- A positive attitude, dedication to being an exceptional team player, enthusiasm and motivation to get stuck into whatever the day brings!
- Outstanding communication skills - you will enjoy interacting with children and have the patience to teach core skills repetitively to small groups
- A passion for great customer service - we're focussed on delivering a top-quality service and facility to our community and you need to share that enthusiasm
- Professionalism at all times - you'll be able to exercise sound judgement and support your colleagues when needed
- A dedication to continuous improvement, both in our environment and personally - we have a great development framework so you'll also be continuously developing your skills
- Flexible and able to work during the day - our lessons run on weekday mornings and after school as well as Saturday mornings. We need people who are adaptable and able to work at various times of the day
- Above all else, a good sense of humour and great work ethic - all with a big smile!
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Andrew Smith, Manager Aquatics & Recreation Centre, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Applications close: 10 May 2021