Beverage Sales - Wellington and South Island
Kono NZ LP
Kono is a Māori-family owned top 100, premium New Zealand food and beverage company with a unique 500-year intergenerational plan, Te Pae Tawhiti. Our interests span wine, craft beer, cider, horticulture, aquaculture, healthy snacks, and seafood, and we export to over 25 countries throughout the world. Wakatū, our parent company, and Kono live by deeply held values including kaitiakitanga, whanaungatanga and manaakitanga.
We are looking for a motivated and confident person to join our Beverages sales team, with responsibility for the Wellington region and the South Island.
Kono Beverages has a range of award-winning wines, craft beer and cider that are popular both in Aotearoa and overseas. Our brands include Tohu and Kono wine, Hop Federation beer and Tutū cider. As part of Kono, we share a promise of love for the land and respect for the sea.
The Beverage Sales role, based in Wellington, is responsible for driving and achieving domestic sales growth across all our beverages brands with a focus on grocery and retail markets and on-premise customers.
About the role
Reporting to the Domestic Beverages Manager, this role will focus on producing, developing and marketing creative and innovative strategies to achieve sales and revenue objectives for on-premise, retail and grocery accounts, particularly in the Wellington region and the South Island.
Key responsibilities will include:
- working with the Domestic Beverages Manager to:
- develop new business and achieve growth targets for Kono and Tohu wines, Hop Federation beer and Tutū cider in the on-premise, retail and grocery markets.
- maintain and control allocated expenditure budgets
- maintain market awareness and presence by providing market information on competitor activity and product trends
- conducting regular wine and beer tastings and merchandising activities
- maintaining regular contact with customers
- creating and keeping effective customer records
- achieving monthly and annual product sales budgets
- coordinating and providing assistance at key events such as winemaker dinners, festivals and trade shows.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a tertiary qualification in marketing and/or background in sales in the beverages industry
- sound knowledge of and experience in the on-premise, grocery and retail markets
- fantastic customer and relationship management skills, with the ability to build, manage and enhance customer relationships
- a passion for our brands, combined with industry knowledge
- the ability to work well under pressure and without direct supervision.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive and achieve domestic sales growth for Kono beverages. In return, you'll work as part of a talented team in a friendly environment, with a competitive salary, attractive commission structure and career development opportunities. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications close on Sunday 9 May 2021.