Truck Driver/Yard Assistant Wellington
Why Work for Us
Naylor Love is one of the largest and most respected commercial construction companies in New Zealand. With a clear set of company values, a friendly team culture, our Wellington team is recruiting for an experienced Driver/Yard Assistant, with labouring and driver responsibilities.
You will be required to help with the day to day operations of the yard including deliveries to our site teams, and work with our Yard and Plant Manager to ensure the smooth running of our yard and plant.
Your main responsibilities will be the efficient management and supply of plant, equipment and transport services to building sites, arrange additional peak time cartage capacity on a tightly controlled basis and ensure that all equipment is identified and maintained in a safe and working order before distributing to another site.
To be considered for this role it is essential that:
- You have a clean license with a Class 2/3 endorsement
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work
- Practical knowledge of building tools and equipment
- Effective interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Physically fit
- Prioritise work and meet deadlines
- You are computer literate, able to use email, maintain system tracking systems etc
- Be responsible for the safe operation of plant and yard
In return, we offer competitive hourly rate of pay, inclusive work environment that will constantly challenge you, and the safeguard of a generous company health scheme.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and drug screening.
Any applicant must be eligible to work within New Zealand either as a resident or by holding a current work visa.
Naylor Love is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion across all areas of our business
Applications close: 14 May 2021