Traffitech Limited (RTL)
- Excellent opportunity to build your career with a stable and growing company
- Get out on the road meeting clients face to face
- Newly created position
RTL is a leader in road safety in NZ, supplying an extensive range of imported and locally manufactured products into permanent warning and temporary traffic management.
We are currently looking for a Service Technician to join our skilled and experienced team in our Penrose based office.
This role will support our Electronics and Crash Protection Range. Safety is our number one focus, internally and externally. Therefore you must be driven to maintain and promote high safety standards.
On a day to day basis you will perform diagnostic checks, troubleshoot problems and faults and report these clearly. You will also provide support for installations, commissioning and undertake customer training. You need to be comfortable working in the outdoors and on customer sites as this role does travel to various locations.
The role is mostly Auckland based with occasional travel nationwide and reports to our Technical Manager, work alongside a Senior Technician and be supported by a Service Co-ordinator.
We are looking for a spirited, energetic, solutions-driven person. Your natural inclination to learn and continually improve is critical to this role. You must genuinely care about our customers and always strive to provide outstanding service levels. You will need to be formally trained in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a strong mechanical aptitude.
We are also looking for:
- Experience working in manufacturing or related industries
- Knowledge of electrical theory, laws, codes, and standards of practice
- Ability to work at heights and in enclosed, noisy, dirty, dusty, or hazardous conditions
- Proven experience working in an autonomous preventative maintenance role
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QA and QC)
- Good Computer Literacy - MS Office Suite, Report writing, working remotely on mobile and tablets, aptitude for complex operating systems (we are using GreenTree and CRM)
- Class 1 is required. Class 2 would be a real advantage
- Forkhoist licence will be favourably considered
You will need to be reasonably fit, healthy and strong, as the work involves climbing and lifting.
A company vehicle will be supplied along with a laptop, phone and tools of the trade. We provide full training to help you to continue to grow.
You will be part of a growing and developing team under the guidance of an inclusive, knowledgeable, and experienced Manager. You will be supported with training, tools of the trade and an attractive remuneration package.
If you are interested in being challenged, mentored and making a difference to the safety of NZ'ers on the roading network, apply now.
Applications close: 14 May 2021