Waimakariri Libraries - Digital Services Assistant
Waimakariri District Council
- Do you have a passion for impactful social media and web content?
- Do you have exceptional technical and people skills?
- Are you a positive team-player keen to work in a fun, fast-paced environment?
Waimakariri Libraries has an exciting opportunity for you to join us in a permanent role as our Digital Services Assistant, working as part of the Reader & Reference Services Team.
Waimakariri Libraries' vision is to make the world a better place through the services, programmes, events, and experiences we offer at each of our library branches. Across our network we have three branches (Rangiora Library, Ruataniwha Kaiapoi Library, and Oxford Library) as well as our fourth, digital branch that serves our community in the online space.
The successful applicant will play a key role in curating our online spaces, ensuring our website and social media channels are relevant, vibrant, engaging, and reflect the diversity of our communities. Working with the Library's Leadership Team you will be supported to grow and develop the library's website and co-ordinate our social media voice.
We are looking for someone with superb communication skills who can translate a library user's experience of the physical library into the online environment. You will be highly self-motivated, with the vision to take ideas - yours and others, and turn them into a digital reality.
You will also contribute to the delivery of frontline library and information services including digital literacy support.
The successful applicant will need to be a strong writer who can inform, connect, and relate to a wide range of audiences. You will also be part of a team developing and delivering an innovative reference and reader advisory service with particular focus on the development and delivery of digital programmes and events. The ability to get stuck in is a must.
You will have excellent customer service skills and will be working with people from diverse backgrounds and of all ages, in a busy and changing environment.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flair for producing innovative and creative content online
- A natural ability to model exceptional customer service and teamwork and build relationships
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to meet tight timeframes in a busy environment
- Great skills with technology and the desire to help others learn how to use new programmes, devices, and digital tools
- Demonstrable experience in website design
- A commitment to continual professional learning
This permanent, full-time role works 40 hours Monday - Friday, including late night on Thursday. This role will be based primarily at Ruataniwha Kaiapoi Library, however applicants must be open to working at all library branches.
Position Descriptions are available for download on the Council's website.
For more information about the role please contact Jennifer Kirkwood - Team Leader Reader & Reference Services on 03 311 8901.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 10th May 2021.
The Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more about working at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGuw&feature=youtu.be
Applications close: 10 May 2021