ICT Service Desk Support
The Horizon Energy Group owns and operates an electrical contracting and infrastructure construction business, in multiple locations, and a nationwide heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration construction and servicing business, and also operates in the South Pacific.
Horizon Energy Group, based in Christchurch is recruiting for a ICT Service Desk Support person. This role will consist of providing technical and administrative support of ICT functions to all facets of the Horizon Energy Group.
Reporting to the ICT Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Administer the internal ICT Service Desk system, ensuring jobs are recorded, allocated, escalated and actioned in timeframes according to the ICT Service Level Agreement.
- You will also be responsible to administer the group ICT Asset Register system, ensuring assets are recorded, tagged, allocated, updated, identified (by attributes i.e. Age), located and removed as directed.
- Carry out 1st level user support as required (both desk-side and remote support) for all ICT systems and services (including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, phones, phone systems and software).
- Assist in monitoring of systems performance, responding to exceptions and escalating issues as directed.
- Help with server, workstation and peripheral maintenance as directed.
- Assist with Security Testing as directed.
- Contribute to the establishment and delivery of user education in response to user requests, identification of needs and structured training programs.
- Assist in and carry out updates to the Horizon group internet, extranet and intranet sites as required..
- Procure ICT items as directed and follow the Horizon Energy Delegated Authority Levels.
- Carry out setup, maintenance, replacement and disposal of ICT hardware as directed.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as requested.
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft Office Specialist or similar certifications preferred or working towards these in further study.
- Microsoft SharePoint certification or similar required (desirable).
- Current Unrestricted NZ Drivers Licence.
- 2+ years' proven experience working in an IT service desk role.
- 2+ years' proven experience working with Microsoft SharePoint (desirable).
- Intermediate level experience with Windows based computers and network systems.
- Proven high degree of interpersonal skills as the role is customer service focused.
- The ability to share technical information in an easily understood way to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of a Windows client/server environment.
- Ability to be self-managing, identify cause of issues and determine required action to resolve, including escalation.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems related to operating systems, hardware and software.
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close: 20 Sep 2021