Resource Consents Team Leader
Kaipara District Council
- Are you an experienced RMA Planner looking for a step up in your career?
- Are you passionate about developing and leading a high-performance team?
- Would you like to join a growing organisation that offers attractive benefits such as flexible working, extensive development options and a focus on mental well-health?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. Mangawhai offers a wonderful coastal lifestyle and is only one hour's drive from both Auckland and Whangarei. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and work-life balance make this an amazing place to live and work.
The Kaipara District is the fastest growing district in the North Island, and we have a number of exciting projects and initiatives on the go.
About the role
The Resource Consents Team Leader role is permanent, full time and is based in the vibrant Mangawhai village. The role will lead a team of seven, including six planners (from Graduate to Senior) and one Resource Consents Coordinator. You will join a high performing, collaborative and fun team with a great culture.
Apart from leading a great team, your day-to-day work will include overseeing the resource consent processing, monitoring of the operation of the District Plan, managing and being the escalation point for customers in respect to planning and RMA enquiries and participating in other organisational projects or activities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Tertiary degree in planning, resource management or related field
- Significant experience in Resource Management in the regulatory and/or policy area
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- A current Class 1 Driver's Licence
In addition, we would love it if you bring:
- Exceptional ability and passion to lead and develop a team
- Detailed knowledge of the Resource Management Act
- A positive, collaborative, dedicated and fun attitude
What we offer
Kaipara District Council offers flexible working and excellent work-life balance, ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a commitment to high performance. We are committed to attracting high-quality people to lift our performance to become one of the best Councils in New Zealand.
Career opportunities like this combined with the beautiful Northland environment create a lifestyle opportunity second to none.
If you feel you are the perfect fit and up for this great opportunity, then don't wait - apply now! Any questions about the role can be directed to Wendy Robinson, Resource Consents Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 579 937.
Please note our recruitment process is going ahead during the COVID lockdown. If you are shortlisted for the role, interviews will be held online via Teams.
Applications close: 19 Sep 2021