Number One Shoes
You might not have heard of Ngahuia Group Limited but we reckon you'll know our brands - Number One Shoes and Hannahs, two of the most recognised footwear retail brands in New Zealand. Together we are New Zealand's largest footwear retail group. Our success lies with our experienced, passionate and dedicated teams; genuine people with a positive attitude, who care about exceeding our customers' expectations and enjoy working together as a team.
What the role is about:
As a Buyer's Assistant you will be providing accurate and timely assistance to our Head Buyer from the product ordering stage through to final delivery. This is a busy administration role focused on the proactive coordination of the supplier base as well as all marketing requirements, including sample provision and roster data entry. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes fashion and footwear, and are passionate about our product.
Tertiary qualification in Buying, Fashion or Business is desired but not essential. You will also be confident in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
You'll find no day will ever be the same, with overall responsibilities including:
- Creating and maintaining accurate records of product orders
- Monitoring each product detailing including packaging, labelling and descriptions
- Accurate checking of product barcode information
- Tracking of samples from order placement to confirmation of production
- Work with various departments from Marketing and Digital, Logistics, as well as the whole Buying Department
- Liaise and communicate with our supplier base, across both businesses
- Communicating with suppliers and factories as well as the store network regarding product information
- Ensuring availability of product ranges for internal seasonal reviews and meetings
- Ensuring all Marketing requirements are met in terms of sample provision and data entry for advertising requirements
- Create product range books for the store network
Are you the right fit?
- You have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- You can work autonomously to meet deadlines and provide necessary support to the buying team of both Number One Shoes and Hannahs
- You have strong administration and analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- You can cope well under pressure and respond well to facing challenges that arise
- You think laterally and use your initiative to achieve results
- You possess passion, a positive attitude and are not afraid to ask questions
A love for retail and its ever-changing nature, reporting directly to the Head Buyer, you will get the chance to work with a friendly team dedicated to providing great product ranges each season.
This is a permanent full time role based in Takapuna, working Monday through to Friday.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a well-recognised and reputable company committed to our people's success
- Generous discount off in store product
- Your birthday off!
So if you think the shoe fits, apply now!
Applications close: 19 Sep 2021