- Full time, Permanent Role
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Life and Critical Illness Cover
AUCKLAND or WELLINGTON BASED
The Horizon Energy Group owns and operates electrical contracting and infrastructure construction businesses, in multiple locations, a nationwide heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration construction and servicing business, and also operates in the South Pacific. You will join a focused, friendly and supportive team of professionals committed to being successful through continuous improvement.
Horizon Energy Group is recruiting for a Payroll Officer.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing employee and pay data,
- Collecting and ensuring the accuracy of timesheets processed,
- Computing salaries and wages in Chris21, ensuring that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures, contractual requirement and employment legislation,
- Ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time,
- Ensuring liaison with Managers, staff, HR and 3rd parties is effective and based on accurate legislative and contractual knowledge
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in HR, finance or economics preferred
- At least 3 years' experience in start to end payroll processing experience for 100+ employees is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of and previous experience in accounting and payroll procedures.
- Previous experience with Chris21 payroll.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience with MS suite of products (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, particularly Excel, intermediate level).
- Previous experience with both timesheet pays and non-timesheet auto pays.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride in its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders. It has well developed processes and procedures in the principle areas of safety leadership, risk management and worker participation.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We can offer a challenging position with a competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits which include Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover.
Applications close on Monday, 20 September 2021.
Applications close: 20 Sep 2021