Registered Nurse - Aged Care - Papakura
The Selwyn Foundation
- Excellent pay rates + competitive allowance and benefits
- Certainty of hours through FIXED ROSTERS
- Permanent FULL-TIME role with PM shifts - 40 hrs/wk
- Beautiful modern care suites with FREE parking
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team at Selwyn Oaks Retirement Village in Papakura for the following FULL TIME vacancy:
Sunday to Thursday 1445 - 2315 = 40 hrs/wk.
About the role:
This role involves being a good leader and having effective problem-solving skills, as you will lead the clinical care provision within the care home. Reporting to the Care Manager, your strong communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to interact well with residents and family members of all backgrounds and to work with them on designing their individualised care plans. Reliable and trustworthy, you will pride yourself on your clinical expertise, compassion and respect for the person.
You must have a current and valid NZNC registration and APC. Current InterRAI training is also desirable.
Other requirements include:
- Legal rights to live and work in New Zealand - we will support work visa applications if you are residing in NZ already, if required
- Proven nursing experience in Aged Care is preferred. Recent CAP students/graduates are most welcome to apply - training and support will be provided
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
In return, we offer excellent pay and benefits, a friendly supportive environment, an extensive education programme and opportunities for further development.
About The Selwyn Foundation:
Our vibrant residential care centre has set a new standard within the aged care and retirement village sectors, offering state-of-the-art design, a "household" layout and a pioneering model of care. Selwyn Oaks is home to 48 residents in four 'households' with each household functioning just like home, with each having its own living room, open plan kitchen and a large balcony for relaxing. Whanau and friends are able to visit and help to care for their loved ones.
Wonderful opportunities await you - Apply today!
Applications close: 29 Oct 2021