Quality Control Officer
- Great team environment
- Work with a market leader!
Leader is a New Zealand based manufacturer of 'quick, easy, delicious' frozen convenience foods located in Otahuhu. Our vast range of products include: Meatballs, Burger Patties, Toppa, Finger Foods, Meal Solutions, Schnitzels, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Officer to join our team.
Based in Otahuhu, the main focus of this role is to drive quality through practical and sustainable lean process improvement throughout the production process.
You will be involved in:
- Conduct daily checks on production lines to ensure CCPs and QCPs are met
- Perform sensory tests on finished products.
- Conduct GMP audits
- Product release.
- Supplier and raw material approval and performance monitoring.
- Monitor Raw material COAs and SPECs
- Conduct Food safety risk assessment on suppliers
- Conduct VACCP on raw materials.
- Review PIF and raw material specs.
- Raise Raw material non-conformance to suppliers
- Raw material quality testing
- Customer complaint handling
- Continuously verify the level of training of all staff is sufficient in food production and every personnel who are responsible for food safety in their areas have the appropriate skills and practical knowledge.
- Investigate Non-conformances and root-cause analysis
- Investigate any deviances from food safety objectives, including customer complaints.
You will need:
- A relevant science degree and/or experience deemed equivalent
- Relevant professional training in quality assurance
- Quality Auditor Certification (desirable)
- Knowledge of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) especially within the food industry
- Knowledge of RMP and BRC standards.
If this sounds like the kind of role for you, please apply below!
Applications close: 22 Sep 2021