Section Head, Biochemistry and Immunoserology
Asia Pacific Healthcare Group
Are you looking to escape the bustle of the city?
Based in Whangarei, Northland Pathology provides community pathology testing for the greater Northland region.
Whangarei sits on the coast, with beautiful beaches and access to incredible diving, fishing and sailing. There are plenty of walking, tramping and cycling opportunities available, alongside great wineries and through stunning countryside.
We currently have a vacancy for a Biochemistry / Immunoserology Section Head within Laboratory Services. Our laboratory undertakes biochemical, haematological and immunological/serological testing for the Northland community.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Biochemistry / immunoserology section and for supervision of the scientists and technicians assigned to that section, reporting directly to the Head of Department of Laboratory Services. This is a full time position and you must be able to participate in a roster from 8am - 7.30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, team player with experience in leading a team and at least 5 years' experience working in an accredited laboratory. You will be representing the laboratory within the APHG network and in turn can draw from the expertise of the group.
Preferred candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification recognised and approved by the New Zealand Medical Laboratory Science Board.
- Registration with the New Zealand Medical Laboratory Science Board including a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 5 years' experience in an accredited laboratory.
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
For more information, please contact Chris Johnson, HOD, Laboratory Services 09 438 4243
Applications close: 19 Sep 2021