Fleet Supervisor - Petroleum Transport
HW Richardson Group Limited
Allied Petroleum is a leading hauler and distributor of petroleum fuels within New Zealand and part of the H W Richardson Group of Companies. We have an extensive network of Depots nationwide serving both Allied and Customer retail and commercial sites from all New Zealand fuel terminals.
Due to continued growth within the North Island we are looking to proactively further develop our capabilities, offering to an interested and motivated individual a pathway to develop into an integral team member with ongoing career development opportunities - whilst at the same time we look to receive new ideas, perspectives and approaches in our business.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in the road transport industry, who has team player qualities and personal drive. You should be honest, energetic, innovative and motivated with a common-sense down to earth nature, great with people and enjoy building and maintaining relationships.
The successful applicant will be expected to have, or demonstrate the ability and enthusiasm to acquire:
- A minimum of Class 5 NZ Licence
- Knowledge of transportation and delivery systems relating to road transport logistics
- Supply chain development and maintenance
- Knowledge of Heavy Vehicle servicing requirements within the Flammable Liquids transport industry
- Computer literacy with an ability to adapt to in house software
- Knowledge of legal and industry standards relating to truck operations and NZ employment practice
- Genuine concern on matters of the Environment, Health and Safety in the workplace
- Strong time management skills with multi-task capability
- The ability to train and mentor others within the workplace
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to deal effectively and professionally with Management, Staff, Suppliers, Customers and Local Bodies.
- Qualifications or experience of emergency response capability, procedures and responsibilities.
This is a full-time position based in the Tauranga - Bay of Plenty region.
Allied Petroleum Ltd have a rigorous drug and alcohol policy and all candidates would need to pass a drug test and a transport medical assessment prior to employment.
Applications close: 23 Sep 2021